Amicus’ goal is to foster a safe and healthy work environment. Our employee’s safety, health and well-being is our first priority.
We are committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment, with a view to continuous improvement. This is only achievable by adherence to established objectives striving to exceed all obligations under applicable legislation, and by fostering an enthusiastic commitment to health, safety and the environment within Amicus’ personnel, contractors and visitors. We will accomplish this by, but not limited to;
- Management, working in cooperation with the Joint Health and Safety Committee, will strive to take all reasonable steps to reduce workplace hazards. Our long term goal is zero incidents in the workplace.
- Supervisors and managers are held accountable for the health and safety of all employees under their supervision. This includes responsibility for applicable training and instruction, appropriate follow- up on reported health and safety concerns, and implementation of recommended corrective action.
- Supervisors, workers and visitors are expected to perform their duties and responsibilities in a safe and healthy manner, and are accountable for the Health and Safety of themselves and others.
- Amicus is committed to providing all necessary training and instruction to ensure that appropriate work practices are followed on the job, and to promote their use off the job.
- If necessary, Amicus will take disciplinary action where individuals fail to work in a healthy and safe manner, or do not comply with applicable legislation or corporate policies and procedures.
Health, safety, the environment and loss control in the workplace is everyone’s responsibility. Amicus expects that everyone will join in our efforts to provide a healthy and safe working environment on a continuous day to day basis. Only through the dedication and efforts of all individuals can Amicus succeed in providing a healthy, safe working environment.
Jim Galea, Director